Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

My car started shaking while I was idle at a stop sign. This

Customer Question

My car started shaking while I was idle at a stop sign. This started happening a day or 2 ago. Today, it was shaking even worse while idle, and as I began to accelerate it continued shaking until I hit a higher gear. Once I was on the highway it acted normal. Then as I slowed down again for a light, it started shaking and my service engine light started flashing. I pulled over as to not do any more potential damage. What could be the issue?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Normally when you have a misfire the engine light will flash. If it's raining or wet where you are you may need a new distributor cap and rotor along with a set of spark plug wires. This is usually the case when the light is actually flashing. It does mean there is a misfire and that is why it's shaking. At highway speeds it is likely still happening just not as bad at the higher rpms, its not as noticeable.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!