Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

1986 Nissan Pickup recently replaced ignition control

Customer Question

1986 Nissan Pickup recently replaced ignition control module, it went out again, replaced it again, started the pickup, let it warm up, it quit and won't start again. Something is causing it to quit and we can't figure it out
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

You are dealing with a short circuit in the wiring harness leading to the ignition control module or a faulty ENgine Control module That has a short internally, The Ecm can be ruled out using a scanner capable of accessing the ECM failure codes. the wiring harness will have to be checked using a Digital volt Meter and some time. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.