Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 nissan sentra with a lot of miles. dwillnot accelerate

Customer Question

2001 nissan sentra with a lot of miles. dwillnot accelerate consistantly if hardly at all. checked maf variable voltage and TPS seems good from idle toWOT. fuel pressure 37 at idle and spikes upon a lazy throttle response;
codes
; p0174
p0100
p0732
any suggestion on my next move
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

The code P0100 is for the MAF sensor. Which can also cause the P0174 Fuel system lean code. I strongly recommend that when you replace the MAF sensor you get it from the dealer. After Market MAF sensors never work right. If you do get a After Market MAF sensor that meters air properly it will flat line 02 sensors and have you spending money on parts you don't need. So that is why I strongly suggest when it comes to electrical parts, get it from the dealer.

The P0732 is a Second Gear Malfunction code. This can be caused by a solenoid, a clutch pack or a hydraulic issue in the transmission. I would recommend a transmission pressure test to be done to determine the direction on the transmission code you are getting.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!