Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 infiniti i 30 friend says in pops in the intake and

Customer Question

2001 infiniti i 30 friend says in pops in the intake and looses power and is getting bad fuel mileage i was thinking fuel pump or filter maf sensor but has no check engine light i drove it for twenty minutes and it ran fine
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

It is fairly common for MAF sensors not to throw codes. Most of the time they don't meter air properly, but still meter air. That is why they don't set codes.

Do you have access to a scanner to monitor fuel trim readings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should. Reading be on my scan tool
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Short Term Fuel Trim Readings ( STFT ) should be around 0.. Plus or Minus 8

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check and get back to u
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the dash brake light not the I guess I didn't understand him any way it was just low on brake fluid
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is a big difference than getting a popping from the intake and engine loosing power!

Glad it was a simple fix for you.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry i responded to wrong questions sorry i am looking at it to day i hope so i will check st fuel trim and get back to you if theirs anything else for me too check let me know

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok