AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Just bought 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S and can't find the

Customer Question

Just bought 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S and can't find the button to open gas tank door?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Is there a lever near the hood release lever?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't see one there

I though that's where it was. Did you check to the left of the driver seat, and toward the left front of the driver seat? may be covered by the floor mat. It should be a small lever.

The manual isn't even showing one.. If you don't find the lever near the driver seat, it may be broken off. see if you notice a place where it looks like something is missing. If not, Try pushing in on the fuel door and releasing to see if that unlocks it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i didn't see it there either or in drivers door.

You did not see it on the floor near the driver seat? Did you try pushing on the fuel door to see if that unlocks it? Do you see a place where it looks like something is missing on the floor near the driver door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a small hole there, if that's where its supposed to be how do I open it? Didn't try pushing on door yet.

That hole is very possibly where the lever goes, and quite possibly has a cable near it that will need to be accessed and pulled with pliers. Can you take a picture of the hole so I can make sure we are on the same page? you can upload it here.

were you able to get a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got picture and thought I sent it to you but obviously I'm not sure how to do it.

OH. I never got anything.

I am not sure how it works on your end, but i know it can be done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20151030_182829

Looks like a missing lever. Can you look in there or pull up the carpet and see if there's a cable in there? If so, pull it with pliers to get the door open.

Were you able to access the cable to get the fuel door open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hole in floor was where gas lever goes, I have got it fixed. Thank you very much! Tammy

Awesome! thanks for following up :)