peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My nissan patrol 2007 3ltr oil light comes on ... Oil

Customer Question

My nissan patrol 2007 3ltr oil light comes on ... Oil pressure is fine car starts and drives fine but light stays on what could be the cause
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If this is the low oil level light this can be due to a fault with the oil level sensor which is usually installed in the engine oil pan itself.I have seen this sensor fail commonly in the past before with it needing replaced as it sticks and sends a false reading causing this fault.

If this is an engine oil pressure light and the oil pressure is normal and no engine noises are heard this is a fault that is usually caused by a faulty oil pressure sender with the oil pressure sender itself needing replaced.

These are the two most common causes for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.