Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Was told to replace entire "Catalytic System" and timing

Customer Question

Was told to replace entire "Catalytic System" and timing chain -- 3200.00
What makes up the Catalytic System?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** catalytic system would refer to the catalytic converters. What year, model, make, and engine size is your vehicle? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Nissan Frontier 4.0L
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many catalytic converters are on my vehicle and are they difficult to replace? Do you prefer/recommend any of the online parts stores?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about delay, I was having computer problems. You can buy the 4 catalytic converters on ebay for around $600 then 7 hours labor to replace. Timing chain set is around $200 and 10 hours labor. So you really need to call around and get quotes on labor, you can always buy the parts yourself. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.