Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 96 base model hardbody pickup. Originally when it

Customer Question

I have a 96 base model hardbody pickup. Originally when it would warm up you couldn't keep it running. I replaced the MAF sensor and now it starts up and idles just fine but when I drive it, it doesn't like to get above 3000 rpms. It doesn't die, almost like it has a Rev limiter. In park I can Rev it up as high as I want.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Do you have the tools to check the fuel pressure while driving? Your symptoms fit that of low pressure not able to keep up under load.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris