Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My buddy has gtr2013 and he wants to change the display unit

Customer Question
to Chinese please advice if...
My buddy has gtr2013 and he wants to change the display unit to Chinese please advice if this is possible ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
10/17/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The language is not something that is a option to change. The language is burned into the software. So if you would want the language changed, you would need to remove the AV unit and send it out for the language conversion. Befor doing so, of course you want to find a place that can do this. That I don't know who can do it. I do know that Model Electronics in NJ does repairs for our dealer. If they can do repairs, i am sure they would have a direction to answer where it can be done for you.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you are satisfied with my help please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with excellent service.

Thanks Jay

What about the maps then the car is currently being used in China and was hoping to use the Chinese to figure out the navigation software - any chance for Chinese maps to be loaded ?

Yes, they should be able to re-write over the existing software over there to have maps of china. Other wise if they can't, then the whole AV unit would need to be replaced with a China one.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician