Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Care shaking and steering ocillating worse on decelerating,

Customer Question

Customer: Care shaking and steering ocillating worse on decelerating , new front tires also balance and align good , could it be slop in half shafts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2001 altima fron drive
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes ,i am here
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin does vibration only occurr when braking ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no and brakes are good , thinking myself can there be issue with transaxle
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

So when exactly does this vibration occur?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
around town not too noticeable , mosttly on highway worse when slowing down
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

I don't have specific info for your model so il opt out and see if anyone else can help

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

you say your "brakes are good"- what makes you say that? Because you can stop OK? I replace brakes every day because of this very issue, the rotors heat up and get warped, the more you drive the more pronounced it feels.

The axle shafts are not going to cause an oscillation- maybe a vibration, but you'll hear a lot of noise before that.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

I have seen the back part of the lower control arms bushings fail on these cars which can produce vibration in the front when driving and when braking. So I would look into having the Front Control Arms rear bushings checked. When those bushings fail, it allows the wheel to move more than it should which is can cause vibration.

I would have that checked and if you have any more questions on this, please feel free to return back and ask.

If you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car was at nissan garage shafts rotors pads ball joints end links struts all new nissan says in trans oh my ,Please no more responses we will figure out , no more debits , no more membership no more offers
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok,