Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Sometimes when go to turn the key in the car-door, the alarm

Customer Question

Sometimes when go to turn the key in the car-door, the alarm goes off and I can't make it stop. I sometimes have stopped it by locking the door from the inside and then closing it and using the key to unlock it, bit that doesn't work anymore. It just keeps blowing the horn and flashing the lights. I started to disconnect the battery cable but before I could get that done, the alarm stopped. And before long it started again. What do you think could be the problem. If I get a remote will that work to open the door without setting off the alarm?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i will help with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

the problem with the key lock is most likely cause by a bad door key switch this switch is located inside the door on the back of the key cylinder and tell the computer that your trying to open the door with the key if that swicth is not working correctly the alarm will go off . and yes if you get a remote this will bypass the problem as you would not need to use the key

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

if you have any more questions please ask . if not please rate the service before you go thanks.