Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Rear hatch does not open with button, but the hatch unlocks

Customer Question

Rear hatch does not open with button, but the hatch unlocks perfectly remote key as well as inside door panel Lock/Unlock switch. I have changed already rear hatch button assembly and front passenger door module.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet.

First I will need the last 8 digits of the vin number to pull up the schematics. It sounds like we may have a short in the wiring harness, but I will need to pull the schematics to check a couple of things for you to test

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VIN: 3N1BC13E28L393529
Expert:  eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

Ok, at the button, I need to know the wire colors as there are 3 different versions showing in the schematics.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am getting the info now, I jave been a little tied up and need to pull the back panels off to find wiring colors.
Expert:  eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

ok, no problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The colors are Yellow, Black, Orange, Black (All are individual Wires)
Expert:  eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

My schematics are wayyy off for some reason as I only show 2 wires at it and none are the colors you have. Not sure why my are so off, but I will opt out and see if another expert has the correct ones = sorry about that

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Hey, Jake here.

Wanted to check and see if you were still needing assistance?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah im still need assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
From the picture above that I sent the last mechanic can you help me out in seeing what would cause the rear door button to not function but still be able to pop it open with my door unlock and remote keyunlock?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Sure, I will help.

Are you saying you already replaced the front passengers door lock actuator assembly AND the actual switch on the hatch itself?

That connector, is that from the rear actuator?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
two both questions and yes to the last.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All of it came off a fully functioning 2009 Nissan Versa Same Package. The comete rear hatch and front passenger module all together.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Compmete*
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Complete *
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Does your hatch release switch not have a small 2 wire connector?

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

if so you need to test continuity across them pressing the switch. If you get continuity we know the switch works, if not then the switch is bad.