Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I got the 01217 error code. The engine temp is very gh. I

Customer Question
I got the 01217 error...
I got the 01217 error code. The engine temp is very high. I already replaced the thermostat and the Cohan kennel is still very high...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
9/26/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

If you replaced the Thermostat, and you are still running hot, you most likely need to bleed the coolant system. Let me explain how you do it.

To bleed the coolant system, remove the radiator cap. Install the coolant bucket ( See Links for images ). Fill the bucket about 1/2 way. Then raise the front of the car as high as if it were on ramps. This way if there is air in the coolant system, the circulation brings it to the highest point. Then turn on the car, and put the heat on speed number 4, recirc mode on, and face mode. You may need to rev the engine a few times to move the coolant around to get the air out. I also turn the engine off a couple times and wait 2 or 3 mins to let the air pocket move and bubble out. In the mean time you want to check your vents to see if your getting heat. After you have good heat, and little to no bubbles in the coolant bucket. Then the coolant system is properly bleed. You should have good heat when bleed properly. So when you put your hand over the vent and hold it there for 30 seconds, you get a slight burning sensation. That is perfect heat

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/fill%20rad.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Bleeding%20Coolant%20system.jpg

If you don't have a coolant bucket, you can use a Funnel the same way. You just may need to pinch off the over flow bottle hose.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Fill%20Rad%20Home%20Job%20Funnel.jpg

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Thank you I will try this today. I was wondering if the problem is the water pump? It is NOT leaking fluid though.

Na, water pumps rarely ever go. When they do, they leak

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician