Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

2004 maxima. Problem with a/c, radio and navigation unit

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the problem occurs the a/c functions, but you can not change any settings. The radio is inoperative. The LCD is black. If you disconnect the battery cable for 1 minute it clears the problem. Have already replaced amplifier board.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 2 years ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i will help with your question

do you also have a problem with the dash cluster when this happens ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. My problem is something is causing the unit to go blank. When this happens the LCD panel goes out, the radio stops functioning. The a/c functions, but you are not able to change any settings. I have already replaced the amplifier with a new one. Same problem. If I disconnect the neg battery terminal for 1 minute it will resume working for a period of time.

when you say amp do you mean the white box under the radio ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Part #277601Y000. The problem seems to be intermittent because it will happen only two or three times during the day.

the only other thing that can cause this is the display control unit as all the a/c and radio signals run thou that unit

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this a common problem?

not really only seen i few but very common for the amp unit to go on car without navi

do you have any more questions ?

if you have no more questions please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks .