Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Running light on trailer wont work. All others do. 7.5 amp

Customer Question

running light on trailer wont work. All others do. 7.5 amp fuse keeps blowing. Says its elec. acc. what does that control
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My fuses are numbered, can you tell me which fuse box this fuse is in?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do the running lights on the truck work even though the trailer lights do not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you tell me which fuse box the fuse that is blowing is in?
Also, do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is inside the the truck under left of steering wheel. It is number 20. The electrical eccessory fuse 7.5 amp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have hAve test light but have voltometer
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, first, how is the trailer wired in? If the lights on the truck are working and the lights on the trailer aren't then there has to be a wiring issue either at the connection for the wiring harness for the trailer, or the trailer wiring harness itself.

Fuse 20 is showing for the security and the multi... I am researching that multi now :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have power coming out of the truck for running lights. But both my flatbed trailer and travel trailer don't have running lights. Both work on my wife's truck. It has to be a short in the wiring on fuse 20. Just don't know where to trace it too or how.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Does the fuse blow without the trailer plugged in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I need is for you tell me what the electrical accessory supplies so I can narrow down the wiring I need to check for the short.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I guess I was confused and waiting for your reply to my question.

HERE is the wiring diagram for fuse #20. I know it shows a 10 amp, but I double checked this with the fuse box and it is in fact a 7.5 amp. Not sure how this is affecting the running lights on the trailer but do hope it helps.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find anything in dropbox. Also, you have not solved my problem. Does that mean I do not have to pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said you weye checking on the " misc..." any feed back on that?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

The link is working fine, HERE it is again

That is what I am sending the link for and it was MULTI- this is the wiring diagram for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Got the diagram. Now can you help me figure out my question? I don't really know how to read those.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

First, tell me, does this fuse blow when the trailer is not hooked up to the truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we already established that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just look at our log.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is no different than from the beginning. Are you able to help answer the question. Yes or no?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to talk to Mike v. Not another mechanic.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I must have missed that.

Problem is I cannot connect this to the running lights on the trailer or the truck. I cannot help, I will open this up because this fuse hasn't got anything to do with the trailer. You have power at the plug for the tail lights and the tail lights work on the truck, so I will open it up for the other experts to review, if anyone has any ideas then they will post. Please don't reply or it's going to lock it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is fine. You can not help. I respect that. I do not want to be charged for your inability to help. Can you verify that?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My Name is***** am another expert here to help you with your issue.

With out a trailer, the Parking lights on the truck, they do not work at all correct? Also, is this a factory tow hitch or a After Market one?

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I want to finish with Mike v. That is how this was started. I do not have time to go trough the ringer. I want to make sure I will not be charged for the lack of help I recieved.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Mike V opt'd out and felt he could not help you. So the question was opened back up. I have over 20 years experience with Nissan's. I am sure I can help you isolate your issue if you work with me.

If you don't, I understand and I will put you in for a refund. I can also offer you additional service where you can speak with me as well if you like? That could make things quicker as well.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I will take the refund!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will put you in for a refund.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Done.. I put you in for a Refund. Please just give it time to process.

Please do not reply. I am closing this question. If you reply, you will re-open it.

Take care! .. Thanks Jay!