Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Im lloyd. I have an 07 altima in my shop when you push

Customer Question
Hi im lloyd. I have...
Hi im lloyd. I have an 07 altima in my shop when you push starter buttom every 3 or 4th time starter wont work no dash lights either. Seems if you leave dr door open doesnt do it as much she has had it to her niddian dealer they told her they could not fix it. Another gsrage put a starter on it. We tested it and you have no power at stater when you push the button
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
9/10/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you know if the Brake lights work when you step on the brake pedal?

Are you pressing the start button pretty fast to get it not to do anything on the 3rd or 4th time?

If you press the start button 2 times, does the ignition come on as long as you don't step on the brake pedal?

Not every time

What do you mean not every time. How many miles are on this car?

It started doing it just every so offten now happening more frequently
177890

The only thing I have seen affect the start button operation, other than the start button it's self is the BCM ( Body Control Module ) But to replace the BCM, the current configuration would need to be saved and written to the new BCM since it comes blank. Then all keys will need to be reprogrammed as well as tire pressure sensors.

But to determine this, I would monitor the signal from the start button to the BCM. See if it's making it there. Check the wiring to it and so on.

If you go to start it it wont wirl over you have to push button 3 or 4 time. Sometimes when it wont start you hear a little buzz noise in engine compartment
How would i check to see if the starter button is sending signal to bcm?

Any chance you can take a video clip of what it's doing and the noise so I can see?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20BCS.pdf

I was getting you the terminal reference so you can check that.

She has the car home with her right now

That makes things more difficult. When does she plan on returning with the car?

Friday

I will keep this question open till then and allow you to get back with me while you have the car present.

Sound good?

But i don't think video will show you much most of the time no noise and no dash lights either
Where would i check for signal from starter button?

I would be monitoring the button it's self to make sure it's not a bad worn button. If the button checks out, I would then go to the BCM.

Also take note if the steering lock is working or not. If you press the button to fast it may not operate which locks you out.

Checking in to see how you made out

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician