Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

06 Nissan altima 3.5 engine Check engine light on keeps

Customer Question

06 Nissan altima 3.5 engine Check engine light on keeps coming back p0081 Changed fresh oil Checked all fuses Replaced brand new valve control selonoid bank 2 Car runs excellent No change in performance Checked all wiring seems to be in place What else
could be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi what side of the engine is the park located that you replaced ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Front of the engine
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ok fire wall side or radiator side ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radiator side
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

when do the code come back after you drive or when the engine is running or key on ?

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you have the right sensor for the code so you most have a wiring or computer problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reset a check engine light and light goes out but after starting it few times or driving it for few miles comes back on same code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be grounding issue because I took car took Nissan dealer and they said it could be fuse, wiring, valve witch I replaced so its not that and they also said grounding issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked ground cleaned it up but still the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do hole new grounding kit would that make it better or I would have to find original grounding wires if so where are they located in case I missed some
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed computer as well and that did nothing so the only other thing is wires a guess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did check wires from valve harnes to fire wall and they fine but it goes thru fire wall in to the car what possibly can go wrong there unless there was water or fire in the car lol
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do you have a scan tool that can read data i would like to see with the valve and sensor is doing ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do it later on today and send thanks
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ok