Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

A rear window on my daughter's 4 door 2008 nissan altima is

Customer Question

a rear window on my daughter's 4 door 2008 nissan altima is stuck in the down position. would just like to get it up.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

How handy are you? There are something that may keep you from getting the window up, but I will try to do my best to help you.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am pretty handy, unfortunately my daughter is 250 miles away in medical school. was hoping there would be something that she and a friend could try beyond trying to pull window up while depressing the raise button, without major surgery. They have tried slamming the door and the attempting to raise the button.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

q

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I have seen where if you bang on the center of the door on the inside if you have a bad window motor it may operate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had already advised her to try that today. did not work.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If she is that far away, the only other thing I can suggest is to contact a Mobile Tech to remove the door panel and manually power the window motor and see if he can raise it.

That is really the only thing I can suggest to help your daughter right now.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Picture a Flag on a Flag Pole. The flag would be the window. If the rope is stuck, there is no way to raise the flag. It's more or less the same concept. So there is not to many things I can suggest with your so far away. So that is why if you can get a mobile tech, he would go to her and help her.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would probably make more sense to drive it to a dealership or independent repair shop, rather than have a mobile tech get it up. should be less expensive. i am a retiree whose former employer shut down, with a daughter in med school, just a former working schmuck, no Rockerfeller here!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I hear ya.. a shop would be best to look at it. If it's something they can do to just get the window up, and then disable it so it can't get stuck down, that maybe a option.

But someone really needs to see what is causing the window not to operate to determine the course of action.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While Jay was prompt and courteous, nothing was resolved with the window issue. Basically we had already tried everything Jay suggested before establishing contact with Jay through justanswer.com. This was my first experience with just answer.com and I probably will not try it again. Was hoping for some "silver bullet". I think Jay did as well as he could have in hindsight, given circumstances.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I could not provide that Silver bullet. But not all situations have that type of answer.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay!