Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Cab with Voice

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 King Cab with Voice Recognition. It has a very hard time understanding me, so I have tried to use Voice Adaptation. I can successfully enter Voice Adaptation, but after it vocalizes the first phrase, and I then push the SEND button, and it's "listening" for me to say the phrase, I say the phrase, and then I again push the SEND button to signal for the next prhrase, and NOTHING happens. If I don't push the SEND button after speaking the phrase, NOTHING HAPPENS. I have twice tried pushing the SEND button for successively longer intervals, and nothing happens until I pass the 5 second limit, and it cancels VA. HELP!!!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Did this issue start out of no where or have you always had this problem? Do you have Navigation? Also how many miles on the truck?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bought truck new on 12/31/14. Just discovered the VA feature, so have not used it B4. This is 1st use.
No navigation.
~5400 mi on truck.
Thanks, Jay!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also voice recognition not working well, so definitely need the VA since VR is essentially useless right now.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Have you had another person try it yet? Also the truck is most likely under warranty, has the dealer looked at this for you?