Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2003 Pathfinder starts then cuts off

Customer Question

My 2003 Pathfinder starts then cuts off
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light ON solid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a security light
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The security light is the light that normally flashes when the vehicle is off.

Also when it was last running, was the service engine soon light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you did have a Service Engine Soon light on, this could help indicate what your problem could be. Do you happen to know what codes were stored? That light comes on when the computer has detected a fault. Once it detects the fault, it generates a code pointing to the fault. That is what I would like to know if you happen to know that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't stay running long enough to code
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You don't need it to run to get the code. Only key ON and A Code reader. Do you know any one who has one?

I think you have a Cam Sensor issue or throttle chamber issue, I would just like to verify

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll see if one of our tech's have one--I work for Honda
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Oh perfect! As soon as you check. If you get one, and read the codes, return back and let me know what codes you have. I can keep this question open till you can do that.

Sound good?