sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2001 nissan maxima gle,I replaced a busted rear window on

Customer Question

2001 nissan maxima gle,I replaced a busted rear window on the car and 4 days later after rolling down the two front windows,they refused to go back up as the rear windows wouldn't go down,then two after that the power lock on the drivers door also stopped working,yet the passenger lock still works,all fuses seem to be good.I am baffled with this irritating issue,please help if you can
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

was the drivers side window the one that was busted?

did the master switch get wet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was not the drivers side window,I clearly stated that it was the rear back window.I also already changed the master switch and am still getting nothing...All the fuses that relates to the windows are good...Again i need an answer to this issue,if you cannot help please return my money cause I didn't just pay this money to receive a question...IM stuck due to not understanding why and how the power locks can go out along with the power windows,of course if it was just the windows Id go for the regulator,but the lock stopped working as well,yet the passengers lock still works when you press the button,it will move the lock but it jumps back unlocked overtime you press it.Crazy!Im tryna give you every detail as clear as I can say whats exactly happening in order to help you narrow down any possible remedies.Its on you
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

That's certainly helpful details so thanks.

If when you hit the locks they flinch like they are trying to actuate, then the lock assembly is bad. They are getting the proper pulse.

On the windows i really need to know if you have a volt meter so we can trace the circuit and see whether or not power is going to the switch and then to the motors.

so let me know if you have one and i can walk you through it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have a volt meter,but as a Nissan specialist,I'm sure this is a typical problem,but you honestly have been no help to me,y'all got that off,I now know the next time where and how to spend my money,I try my best to support folks hustle especially if it beneficial,but I obviously tried the wrong place.The biggest aspect of did whole ish is my windows don't work and I thought I'd get some help here,but y'all got dat
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If replacing the master switch didn't' change anything then the most likely cause for a loss of all windows at the same time is a broken wire. You'll note a rubber boot between the door and body, this is where the wiring runs from the door to the body harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break. If a power or ground to the master switch ahs broken then it will cause what you're having.