Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Is there a engine disable circuit on a 1997 nissan quest? I

Customer Question

Is there a engine disable circuit on a 1997 nissan quest? I did an engine swap, I have spark,fuel, good cranking,but the red light blinks under the dash. please help, Rudy
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Nissan did not install a red light under the dash. This is an aftermarket alarm or immobilizer or remote start system that is disabling the vehicle. If you remote key fob nor key in the ignition can disable this alarm then follow the wiring on that red light to a module. You will then see its not OEM. I would recommend removing all of it and mending any wire splicing that was done.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris