Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Trying to figure out the problem with a 91 300zx. It won't

Customer Question

Hi. Trying to figure out the problem with a 91 300zx. It won't crank over and none of the electrical works, except the headlights. The headlights are the only thing electrical that works. Any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you run into the electrical system not having any power like your saying, but the head lights work, that is due to a blown main fusible link. The main fusible link if I remember right, it in the fuse box by the battery.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a diagram that shows which one is the main fusible link? There's 4 or 5 in the box next to the battery.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

It will be the biggest one in there.

I don't have great diagrams for this car due to it's age.

If you take a picture of the fuse box, I can point it out