Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Im my son has a nissan altima 2001 with a 2.4 liter. running

Customer Question

hi steve im mike my son has a nissan altima 2001 with a 2.4 liter. running well but turned it off and would not start again. i found no fire wanted to change pickup coil in dist but had to buy complete dist. installed new dist, and found it would start only when dist. was turned all the way toward firewall to max travel. it only started but wouldt stay running and barely running. this suggest timing issue to me. do you think a problem could be in one of the timing chains.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

These distributors only go in one way. You probably have to turn the rotor to get everything to line up, but other than that they are hard to mess up.

That being said, assuming everything is on properly and it still won't line up. Then one of the cams could be off from it jumping time.

Do double check that its lined up though, connector facing front and cap facing up. I know it sounds elementary but i have seen crazier things lol.