Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a '93 or '94 Nissan 140 plus outboard. The last time

Customer Question

I have a '93 or '94 Nissan 140 plus outboard. The last time I used it (yesterday) when I turned the key nothing happened. Then a few minutes later it started. Now nothing but a click sound when I turn on the key. The click sound appears to come from the opposite side of the motor from the starter. When I turn the key on the starter does not do anything. Does not engage the fly wheel. The ignition (key start appears to be working).
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi , this is the starter problem the starter is stuck you can try to hit the starter with something while turning the key to start to see if the car will start it sometimes do but ether way you need to replace the starter .

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

if you have any more questions please ask . if not please rate the service before you go thanks.