Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

What happen if the bcm lock?

Customer Question
what happen if the bcm lock?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
8/15/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

What is the car doing ? Not starting?

not letting the key to be programmed

You are trying to program the key? Do you have the correct decoded pin? What is your 5 digit BCM pin and what 4 pin did you decode it to?

well not me
a locksmith did all that and when he got the codes and tray to program the key the computer was saying incorrect code. he say that to many tray with wrong key lock the bcm. that I need to take care of that issue before he can program the key

Do you have the 5 digit BCM pin, and do you know the 4 digit pin the locksmith was trying to enter?

I can decode the 5 digit bcm pin and see if it decodes to the correct 4 digit pin or compare it to see if he was using the correct pin and that is why it was saying incorrect pin.

he is gone now...but can a lock bcm couse the key to not program? and if so what can I do to resolve this

If the incorrect pin is used, it won't program. If the incorrect steps are done, it won't program.

Were you there watching him?

he is pretty good.
I just need to know if replacing the bcm will help me resolve this problem

Do you recall him turning the hazards on to perform steering lock release first? If he skipped that step and went right to programming keys, even if you enter the correct pin, it won't accept it unless steering lock release is done.

I recall that and holding the little switch on the side of the door
then he did the reading again got the same two code (new and old)and got the same results

Holding the switch on the side of the door. You don't need to touch that.

I do know that when you decode the BCM 5 digit pin, you get two 4 digit codes. The first code is for 08 and older. The second is 09 and up. So I wanted to see if he was entering the correct pin.

Let me say this. If it's a BCM issue and it won't accept the proper pin following the proper steps you can't just replace it. You need to save the BCM configuration and copy it to the new BCM. Then after you write the configuration from the old Bcm to the New one, then you can work on programming the keys. Once you program the keys, then you will also need to reprogram all the tire pressure sensors.

The BCM is not something you can just replace and expect to work. It has to be properly configured for the car first.

I was hoping you could maybe find out what your BCM 5 digit pin is and the 4 digit pin he was using so I can check that for you.

This is very uncommon for it not to take key programming.

did you ever herd the bcm been lock?

No

any other problem will have the bcm not to program the key with the correct code?
haw can tou tell if the bcm is bad?

How many keys do you have? did he try the other key?

It's pretty tricky to determine if the BCM is bad or not. If you were able to give me all the pins I could answer you better. Most common is the incorrect pin is read off the BCM and decoded.

Did he use the scanner to do the pin read or did he take the number off the BCM?

I don't like simply condemning a BCM with out getting the proper information. That is why I keep inquiring on it.

the thing about this is, if he did the steering lock release first, the ignition should come on. The Steering lock release operation is the first steps in programming keys. If he did not do this, and went right to programming keys, it will never let you even if the pin is correct.

The Steering lock release almost always works. The only time it has not is when the 5 digit pin is decoded wrong.

ok...so what will be your recommendation at this point? I don't have any keys and yes he use a scanner

If possible, I would like it if you can get me the 5 digit pin read. Then the 4 digit code he used. I want to decode the 5 digit pin read myself to see if the pin he was using is correct.

I need to get off line for the night. I will be online for a short period of time tomorrow morning if you have any more questions on this.

Thanks Jay!

I don't kmow..I will have to call him back unless is a way for me to get it. so this is looking like dealer job?
I will need to call him back...can I get the code my self?
Jay
Sorry, it was late and I needed to get off line.
The Bcm is located behind your meter assemby. The only way to get the 5 digit pin, and it is only a 50/50 shot that it's there, sometimes the Bcm 5 digit pin is on the Bcm.
I can wait till you talk to your locksmith if you like.
now if I get the 5 digits code then what?
that's ok about last night. ..it was late!
Then I would decode it and you can see if the locksmith was using the correct decoded digit pin.
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician