Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I just took my 2012 Nissan Murano in testing ; it has

Customer Question

I just took my 2012 Nissan Murano in for emissions testing ; it has intelligent key. The guy turned it on all the way ...but I read online afterward that you do not need to start it fully only power on (not having the foot on the brake) . The mecnhanic checked all fuses and none were bad. He said there is no power to the OBD...can you confirm if he tested it wrong?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When communicating through the OBD2 port, Key on or Engine Running is fine. As for why he was unable? Lets try something. Do you have a Auto Zone near you? They offer free scans. If you swing by there and see if they can communicate with your computer. If they can, take the print out from auto zone saying no codes showing that communication is fine, it could be the inspection stations equipment. If your in California, Auto Zone does not offer this. But normally I would like to try another scanner before I condemn the OBD2 port. It's extremely rare for it not to work!

Do you think you can do that and return and let me know how you made out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good I will try that. Thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Your welcome.. Please return and let me know how you make out!

Thanks Jay!