Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

2013 Nissan Sentra. I pulled the hood release lever and felt

Customer Question

2013 Nissan Sentra. I pulled the hood release lever and felt a pop but the hood didn't move. tried to lift the hood and it is still latched. Pulling the hood release lever inside the cab now does nothing. Took the cover off the hood release lever and I can see the cable move when I move the lever but nothing happens at the hood latch(I think). I used a screwdriver to move the secondary latch but that does nothing. please help.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
I sounds like the hood release cable has popped off the latch under the hood, usually when this happens we have to remove the covers on the under side of the car just behind the bumper cover then reach up from underneath to try and release the latch manually, Its not an easy trick and can be very frustrating because you can't see what your doing and there's not much room to work, with it being a 2013 it may be covered under warranty so you could give the dealer a call