Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have just bought a Nissan Murano and withing in 30 mins of

Customer Question
buying it the engine management...
I have just bought a Nissan Murano and withing in 30 mins of buying it the engine management light came on. It was surging and it had trouble pulling away from junctions. It has a P1778 fault code on it. I have a rough idea what this is but what are the implications/cost on this? John
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
8/7/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Mike O., Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike O.
Mike O., Master Technician

Unfortunately, more than likely the transmission might need to be replaced. The CVT transmissions on these cars always go bad prematurely. How many miles on the vehicle? And what's the condition of the trans fluid on the dipstick?

Because Nissan is aware of this, they extended the warranty to 10 year/120,000 miles. So if you're under that they would replace it for free. Check out www.nissanassist.com for the details.
I am in the UK, so is it still the case here?
I'm not sure if it applies over there but I don't see why it wouldn't. I would
ask your local Nissan dealer and they should be able to check for you.
Unfortunately this is not the case in the UK, so it is an expensive CVT gearbox change out.
Sorry for the bad news, hopefully you can find maybe a used one for cheaper?
Mike O.
Mike O.
Mike O., Master Technician