Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada - shift stuck in park - is

Customer Question

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada - shift stuck in park - is there a part I can get to make it work?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What you want to do is see if the brake lights work. If they do, then you are most likely dealing with a shift lock solenoid issue. Which comes with the shifter assembly. In the mean time to get the car out of park, you can use the emergency shifter release. Here is a image of the cap you remove, and you insert a small screw drivers and press down to release the shifter. This way you can at least drive the truck. Just keep that small screw driver in the truck till it's repaired.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/shifter%20release.jpg

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!