Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

My 2003 infinity i35 looses power when driving and I will

Customer Question

my 2003 infinity i35 looses power when driving and I will pull over turn it off and then restart the car and its fine. any ideas? thanks!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Is the check engine light coming on when it loses power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is but it quickly resets, everything I read has said throttle body/throttle position sensor (which I understand is built into the body). I replaced this part (with a factory reconditioned) but as fate would have it the same thing happened today (Saturday 8/8/2015)! Will the computer rest itself with a new part or does it have to be reset else where? is there something else that could be causing this problem? could I reset the computer myself?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

The car will reset if this is in fact the issue. Since it happened again today I would say it is not the TPS unless there is a poor connection at the throttle body.

That being said, the throttle has 2 sensors it uses and the other is the pedal position sensor. If this is losing power or not sending signal to the computer. This same type of episode will result. This is mounted under the dash on the gas pedal. I think you should check and make sure it's plugged in good and tight, and maybe even unplug it and plug it back in. It's location can sometimes cause corrosion to build or contact issues.

If this doesn't solve the issue I think you will be ahead of the game to spend the money to have it properly diagnosed, then perform the repair yourself if you can.

Sometimes saving is not spending as much as you would have if someone else had to do the repair.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.