Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

I HAVE A 1995 Nissan 200sx 1.6 I have no spark to plugs I

Customer Question

i HAVE A 1995 Nissan 200sx 1.6 I have no spark to plugs I have checked timing chain I have 12 volts to dist. and I put in a NEW dist. Still no sparK?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I'd next check that you have 12V on the ECU fuse and remedy it as required

if this is Ok check that the main engine earth strap / lead is on tight and free from corrrosion

and also check the wiring / connections to the ignnitition amplifier on the bulkhead that is switched by the distributor and is connected to the coil

if this is all OK then replace the ignition amplifier with new

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Some back ground this car was running fine then it was moved four times in driveway and the fifth time it would not start cranks fine...I have checked all fuses the check engine light comes on so that ECU should be powered up? I have a manual (Haynes) so I have some help what is the ignition amplifer? I though all was in the distributor? How about the crank shaft sensor?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the ignition amp looks like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/AEQAAOSwxH1ULRKS/$_1.JPG

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think a 1995 nissan 200sx 1.6 has one of these ! The coil and cam shaft sensor are all in the distributor!
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

OK if its the all in 1 type then there's no crank position sensor and the cam position sensor supplies the engine speed into the ECU - which then switches the spark

so check that the ECU connections are secure as they can work loose and if thats OK then its possibly a fault with the NATS ( nissan anti theft system)

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help?