Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2001 altima gxe its shuts off when driving at the

Customer Question
same time the dashboaed goes...
i have a 2001 altima gxe its shuts off when driving at the same time the dashboaed goes dead odemeter goes blank n i dont know y, i checked fuses all good. also windows dont work... please help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
8/1/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hi there,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Ok,

Do the wipers and blower motor stop working as well when the windows won't work?

They work n interior lights work the signal lights dont blink
Stay on constant

Will the car start and run for you right now?

but rough

Ok, I would like you to start it, then wiggle the key in the ignition and see if you can make it happen. I mean make the windows not work and see if the dash goes out. I am thinking you have a possible ignition switch issue. If not, then the issue may be with the wiring coming out of the fusible link box under the hood. I have seen this happen in the past. The rough running might be something else, but we need to get this first part diagnosed first if possible.

Try this and let me know.

Thanks.

Ok thanks. I will get back to you

Sounds good and you are very welcome!

The car starts but the windows don't work n dashboard doesn't work odometer is blank

Ok, do you have a test light so we can check power? I realize you said the fuses were good, but good doesn't always mean they are getting the power, so we have to know if they are and if not we have to figure out why they aren't. A volt meter would aslo work for this but we need one or the other.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician