Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Q45: 02 infinity q45 power windows, locks and seats not working.

02 infinity q45 power windows...
02 infinity q45 power windows, locks and seats not working. Bad bcm? where is it located?
unable to communicate with the bcm with my modis scanner.
7/30/2015
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

The BCM does control the Power windows and Power door locks. It does play a factor into Power Seats as well. If you can't communicate with it, then it's very possible it's bad. This control unit if bad, when it's replaced it has to be configured as well as all the keys for the car have to be reprogrammed. As for it's location, it is in the drivers kick panel.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1a.jpg

That link is a image of the Bcm's location.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

ok. any power/ground checks?

Well I can give you the wiring diagram for the power windows and power locks. If you don't have power coming out of the BCM, then you know the issue is the BCM.

Do you want wiring diagrams?

for the bcm would help.

Well of course, the wiring diagrams include the Bcm. So let me get you those diagrams. Hang on..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20bl.pdf

That is the wiring diagrams for the Power windows and Power Locks. I would use these two diagrams and see if both are related to the BCM. If so, no need to look any further in to the seats. You need a BCM.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician