Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Altima: I replaced the throttle body on my 2007 Altima and

Customer Question

I replaced the throttle body on my 2007 Altima and the car still stalls. Also the code 2135 continues to come on. Any suggestions.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Did you have this same code before you changed the throttle chamber? Also, did you clear the codes after you replaced it and perform a Idle Relearn? 1 last thing. Where did you buy this throttle chamber? Let me know..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did clear the codes after replacing the throttle body however I did not do the idle relearn
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Are you getting the same code? or a P0507 code? Also, where did you buy the Throttle chamber?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
P2135 and 507 are both coming up
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Where did you buy the throttle chamber you installed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On line
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. When it comes to after market electrical parts they never work right. This code is for a Throttle Position Code. There is two throttle position sensors in the throttle chamber and you get this code when one of them is out of spec. The only real check is to see if the 5 volt reference is there to the sensor and that the ground is good. Other than that, if those two sources check out, then you have a defective after market throttle chamber which would not surprise me. I have had to change these many times cause they never work right. When it comes to electrical parts, stick with the dealer. You have have anyone else install them, just get the parts at the dealer. Yes they are a little more money, but they work with less headaches and wasted time. Do you have a Volt meter to perform the diagnostic steps for this code if I gave them to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do have a volt meter
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
What size engine is this? 3.5 or 2.5?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2.5
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
ok.. Give me a few
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.pdf
That is the complete diagnostic chapter for that code.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!