Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan d21: I have a 93 nissan pick up with 2.4 auto. When

Customer Question
I have a 93 nissan...
I have a 93 nissan pick up with 2.4 auto. When issue started only done it after was running long enough to get hot. Now its constant. It idles fine but dont accelrrate over 2700rpm has no power under a pull acts as if runnin out of fuel or floatin out, doe ok on level ground as long as you dont push it any. When i push it even thou its not goin anwere the cat convert gets red hot. Any ideals?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
7/27/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It sounds like your catalytic converter is clogged. Completely remove the front oxygen sensor to relieve exhaust pressure, if this allows engine rpm to go higher you know the converter is clogged. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Dan, Technician