Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Titan SE: Truck got hot and now won't start. 2006 Nissan T

Customer Question

Truck got hot and now won't start. 2006 Nissan Titan.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Have you done any testing so far?Hot hot and for how long?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It sat idling for about 30 minutes. I'm not sure how long the temp was high but when I heard it idling rough, I opened the door and saw the temp all the way at the top of the gauge and oil pressure was low because rpm's were so low. I shut it off, checked oil and no milky appearance. Coolant level was ok.
I assume it will crank just not start.Try this and report back. Remove both battery cables, hold them together for 1 minute then reconnect and try to start it.Check the compression on at least 6 cylinders, you want to see over 160 psi and all cylinders about the same.Check for ignition spark. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris