Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Sentra: I replaced the blower motor fan on my 2009 Nissan Sentra.

Customer Question

I replaced the blower motor fan on my 2009 Nissan Sentra. THe old fan does NOT turn freely by hand , the new one does. But when I started the car and tried to test the new blower motor, there is no voltage at the motor. There are two fuses in the passenger compartment that are labeled as for the blower fan. I checked each of them individually with an ohm meter and they were fine. What could be the cause of no voltage at the blower fan motor? The light on the fan dial on AC control console does NOT light up.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the dash apart, so I can get to anything under the dash.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! The old blower motor most likely blew out the Blower motor amp. That is why its not working. That is located right up from the accelerator on the back of the air box on the side. Once you replace that, I am sure the blower motor will work. Let me know if you have any more questions on this. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more detail on where the blower motor amp is. I am looking just above the throttle peddle in the passenger compartment (not the engine compartment), on the driver's side. Is it behind some of the ventilation ducting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I go directly above the throttle peddle, there is an actuator that (I think) opens & closes ducts. In the passenger compartment, between the wall and some vent ducting, there is an electrical device not far above the throttle peddle.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It is on the drivers side. Hold on, let me see if I can get you a picture. Notice I said by the accelerator pedal. That is on the drivers side, unless you put one on your passenger side ...lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe by "amp", you mean the 2009 Nissan Sentra HVAC Blower Motor Resistor? There is a picture of the part at
http://www.partsgeek.com/bdh5dtm-nissan-sentra-blower-motor-resistor.html?utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=mc&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Nextag&fp=pp&utm_term=Nissan+Blower+Motor+ResistorI think I have located the blower motor resistor. The one on the car is white, just like the picture. Looks like a pain to get the two screws out.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2.jpg That is where it's located. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!