Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

I tried doing what you said and it started. Does this need

Customer Question

I tried doing what you said and it started. Does this need to be fixed ASAP? Also, whats an estimate on the cost if it is the fuel pump?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 years ago.
Yes your fuel pump is in its final stages of failure, by cycling the key you built the pressure up, something that a new fuel pump would do on its own in the first 2 seconds of the engine cranking, If you don't have it repaired, your vehicle is likely to leave you stranded, price will depend on where you go to have it fixed, do your homework, call at least 3 places to get an average cost in your area. Please i am logging off to go to bed. i will send you an offer for further service for in the morning, if you should need further assistance, I will call you after 9 am CST tomorrow.