Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Maxima: 2003 Nissan maxima se car wont start. Acts like normal

Customer Question

2003 Nissan maxima se car wont start. Acts like normal when turning the key, only doesn't start. Replaced fuel pump and screen with same results. Main fuses internally check out ok. Battery new 6mos. old. last wk check engine light came on. 2x put car into drive and car wouldn't move, pressed gas peddle down and car gave no fuel response. I turned car off and on again and worked fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Since you mentioned the Service Engine Soon light had come on, do you know what codes you had or have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. sorry the light had just come up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the light had come up before and the dealer said after they couldn't get the code to code up again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jay. are you still there?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
I am thinking it could be a Cam Sensor issue, But would really like to scan the car to verify. The dealer looked at this once for you and said there was no codes? When you brought it there was the Service Engine Soon light on?