Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

Nissan Rogue: I am working on a 2009 Nissan Rogue. It has a

Customer Question

I am working on a 2009 Nissan Rogue. It has a bad shake on mid to hard acceleration from stops to about 40. Rt axle was replaced due to ripped boot. Customer not sure if the shake was there before or not. I replaced it with a brand new axle, no difference. It feels like a bad inner c/v joint shake. Pulled other side and checked inner joint and it is fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 2 years ago.
hi is this a awd car ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No front wheel drive only
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
sorry i log off at 915 at night
did you check the other axle for a lose joint ? the joints in the axle on this car wear
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes pulled axle & checked it. the vehicle only has 44,000 miles on it
there are only the two axles and the trans it self other then wheels that can cause this
do you get any noise from the trans ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have never had a trans shake like this. it is not a shutter it is a shake from side to side. Have you ever seen a cvt trans cause a feeling like this?
no if it is side to side its unlikely to be the trans
and you do not know if this was there before you replace the axle
have to check the tires for loose belts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tires are all good and have been balanced. She is not sure if it was there before. replaced rt axle to to boot all ripped. Replaced it with new not a reman axle. Replaced it again with a new one just to make sure and there is no change. Have you seen these axles fail with such low miles. If so I will have to replace l side even though I don't feel anything wrong with it. There is no noise from the trans and it seems to be working fine
yes i have seen the axle fail and cause a bad vibration
i know the axle do not come out of the bracket easy or you sure the bracket did not get damage ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am very carefull. I heat the bracket and pry the bearing out with 2 pry bars so it doesn't cock and i squeeze it back in with c lamps so I am not beating on it
ok well i am going to have tp opt out and pass the question i am use to all awd drive cars and have seem and fix lots of visitations on the rogue normally cause by wrong tire size or the rear diff but not the *****so lets see if someone else can help you better
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 years ago.
Have you checked all of the motor and transmission mounts for excessive play are the rubber being cracked through?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was three days ago when I asked a question, I solved it on my own
what was the cause
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Three bad brand new axles from carquest. I finally gat a reman from Napa and the problem is gone. There is something wrong in the way the company makes the new axles.
I'm glad you were able to get your vehicle fixed feel free to contact us in the future if the axle does not fix the problem.