Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Titan: Clifton I have two issue's with my 2005 Titan. Issue

Customer Question

Hi Clifton I have two issue's with my 2005 Titan. Issue one started about a year ago. I started to smell diesel fumes in the cab with the windows and the fresh air vent closed. Now I have a clicking sound coming from the passenger side dash. Are both issues caused by the same actuator.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
Yes both issues are likely being caused by the intake door motor if the motor isn't working right it will make a clicking noise and it is probably slipping and not closing off the outside air causing you to smell the fumes from other cars and trucks, according to the manual the only way to replace the actuator is to remove the whole heater and ac unit to gain access, I don't know if that is completely true but the entire dash pad will need to be taken out that is for sure.