Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

G37: 2008 g37 won't start. Replaced car and key fob battery.

Customer Question
2008 g37 won't start. Replaced...
2008 g37 won't start. Replaced car and key fob battery. Intelligent Key Warning Light is on but the key fob can lock/unlock door.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
7/15/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Can you tell me if your steering wheel is locked?
I don't think so, it moves a little
no, not locked, just checked
Thank you.. Your Steering lock control unit is bad. Watch this video on how to get your car started and what needs to be replaced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Well here is the bottom of my car, looks slightly different than the video. I think the control until is the grey box thing with a black cord coming out. am I right? I tried tapping on it with a hammer while starting the car and it didn't work
Did you try jump starting the car?
I bought a brand new battery today, I don't think that is it
If it's a new battery, it has to be that steering lock control unit. It sounds like it's acting exactly as the one in the video I made. Does it seem to be doing the same?
yes, but it looks different (see posted picture), and I don't think the hammer thing is working
Yeah, what you took a picture of is the steering lock control unit. Using the hammer works most of the time but not all. So it sounds like you need that steering lock control unit to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2a.jpg
That is where the steering lock control unit is located.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have
provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician