Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Altima: Mike My 2008 Nissan Altima sedan my AC doesn't work

Customer Question

hi Mike My 2008 Nissan Altima sedan my AC doesn't work whenever the car goes through the car wash or it rains heavily
trying to fix this problem thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Does the a/c work now that it's dry out again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it still is working hot air only
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, my original thought was there was water on the belt and it was slipping. Since it's dry out and you still don't have any A/C I suspect a new leak has developed. Sadly it's far to common with air conditioning to repair one leak, then have the pressure find the next weak spot and cause another leak. I think what you are going to have to do to resolve this is get it back to the place that replaced the line, let them check the freon level and check for new leaks. It is the normal issue and most likely. The problem is without a black light you can't normally see the dye that we use for checking the leaks.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you with this.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.