Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Nissan Altima: this morning I was going somewhere and I

Customer Question

Hi this morning I was going somewhere and I start the car and there was a rattling clicking sound in the gas pedal but not when I press it. I just have to start the car.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,is the check engine light on?Do you mean the sound is in the engine compartment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No there is a clicking sound not a ding a clicking rattling sound when the key is on or I start the car. And it's still there when I drive it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have to do anything but put the key in the on and I can hear the clicking sound
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ahhh,I see now, I was misunderstanding.Usually this is one of the actuator doors on the heater box. Try turning off all the air conditioning/heater controls and see if it continues. I believe it should stop.Let me know.