Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2001 sentra gxe, cranks with no start,fuel pump relay checks

Customer Question
good, fuel pump checks good...
2001 sentra gxe, cranks with no start,fuel pump relay checks good, fuel pump checks good, voltage across fuel pump relay 3-4 points but no voltage inactivation circuit 1-2. ECM???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
7/7/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Do you have any codes?
No codes from the reader. The reader said "no link". Replugged, tried starting then reading code still no link. I am considering buying used ecu online but it says mechanic needs to program to your car. Advice?
Ahhh.. This was common on these older Sentra'a. 2000 to 2006. You have a Bad Ecm to start. They all had communication issues or false codes. You will need to replace the Ecm to start. After you replace the Ecm and regain communication then see if you have any codes. If you do, then you can return back here and I will help you. No programming is required for your Sentra when replacing the Ecm. Simply plug and play. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Part unavailable in my city. I just left for Annual Training with National Guard. I am ordering a replacement but will not be able to install it until 1 August. I will be in touch. Thanks for help so far. We are not done yet☺
You got it. Thank you for your Services, and I will see you when you get back. Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician