Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Pathfinder: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with a LC/ Solenoid Function

Customer Question
2007 Nissan Pathfinder with a...
2007 Nissan Pathfinder with a LC/B Solenoid Function - Had the code read since the CEL was on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Transmission will not shift out of 3rd gear.
was driving down hwy and it shifted into neutral all of a sudden
when setting for a while it is ok, then acts up again
vehicle has 122k miles
7/5/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What is the exact code number please?
P1779 I believe is what it was
P1779 is not good code. Do you mean maybe P1774?
P1774.We were going by memory it is the P1774.Joe
That code could be due to a bad TCM. Where the valve body would be replaced. A scanner is going to be required to do the proper checks to determine this. If not a TCM, it could be a internal transmission failure. Either way, it's going to require a Scanner first, if that is good, the a transmission pressure test is going to be required to determine the internal functions. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Jay. I have a scanner and told you what it said. Lb/c solenoid function.
Bulletin number NTB10-003a, For the code P1774 you need to check the TCU power and Ground. If that is good, then you need to replace the valve body. If not power or no ground, then you would need to perform the proper steps to resolve that. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay
internet is pointing to this issuehttp://www.nissanproblems.com/trends/coolant-leaks-destroy-transmission/
That is possible also. Normally you would have a rumble strip type of noise or vibration at around 40 mph before you have trans failure. I would check your fluid condition to see if it shows any mixed fluid. If not signs of mixture, then you will need to perform the TCM inspection. As for the Trans cooler failures, There is a warranty extension based on mileage if this is your issue. http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Radiator/index.php?menu=20 If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician