Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Pathfinder: I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, 4wd 4.0L V6. About

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Nissan...
I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, 4wd 4.0L V6. About 3 weeks ago, I flushed and refilled the radiator. Soon after that, anti-freeze boiled out of the reservoir and the engine started to over heat. I refilled it and did not have any other issues until last week when I moved from Virginia to Texas. After I got to Texas, the same issue occurred, anti-freeze boils out of the radiator. I took it to a mechanic who initially just tried to bleed air out of the system. That worked for three days before the boiling happened again. The mechanic then replaced the thermostat and radiator caps and bled the system for air again. Non of this worked and now he is telling me it is the water pump. Is he correct or is there something else?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
7/3/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 2 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi how do the trans fluid looks and look in the coolant overflow bottle is the coolant looking milky
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician