Mike O.
Mike O., Master Technician
Experience:  18 years with Nissan/Infiniti dealerships
39767275

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan 4x4. I bought this vehicle not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan 4x4. I bought this vehicle not running due to a blown head gasket (water in oil). I replaced the engine out of a (wreaked) but running 2005 Nissan Titan with 57,000 miles. I have replaced many engines before. I have no fire to
plugs, I have no codes, No pulse to coil. All fuses tested good. All electronics work. I have no idea. Any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike O. replied 2 years ago.
The only thing I can think of is the alignment dowel on the back of the crankshaft. This dowel must be lined up with a hole on the drive plate or flywheel. If these are not lined up together, a no start issue will occur.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did not take flywheel off running engine before installing
Expert:  Mike O. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have ability to pull any codes from the ECM? There is a service bulletin for a no start issue that involves replacing the engine control harness if water is found in the connector that goes to the transmission.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will check in the morning
Expert:  Mike O. replied 2 years ago.
ok, let me know when you do and I'll try my best to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This morning we pulled a P1121 code off of it. We had replaced the throttle body yesterday afternoon.