Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Sentra SE-R: I have an '02 Nissan Sentra SE-R (2.5L)... My

Customer Question
I have an '02 Nissan...
I have an '02 Nissan Sentra SE-R (2.5L)... My a/c won't blow cold. Compressor clutch won't engage on its own (it will engage constantly if I jump the relay) I checked the pressure on the low side; with the compressor turning it runs around 45 psi as soon as I remove the jump and the compressor stops, it climbs right up higher than my gauge goes. I'm starting to think it's the "thermo control amp" or the "air conditioning triple pressure switch". Do you think I'm on the right track? Where are those two physically? How would I test them? Thanks in advance!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/30/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The A/C Relay needs to be grounded by the Central Processing Unit (CPU) in the Intelligent Power Distribution Module (IPDM) under the hood by the coolant overflow bottle. The Body Control Module (BCM) controls the CPU via data lines and also signals the ECM that the A/C is requested ON - so the BCM is not signaling the CPU or the ECM. The BCM gets an A/C request input to it from the A/C Control Unit. The A/C Control Unit is the A/C Control head with the A/C switch built in. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. See the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20clutch%20Nis%20Jun%2030.pdf
Ron, ASE Certified Technician